How did the event go Nico, will there be video available for people who
couldn't make it for many reasons?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk on behalf of Nico Macdonald
Sent: Mon 29/06/2009 3:04 PM
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Event: Avner Ronen presenting at Media Futures
Conference, 3 July (London)

At 21:47 +0100 26/6/09, Nico Morrison wrote:
>My thought precisely!  I would love to come & cannot afford it.

Hi Brian and Nico:

Thank you for your interest in the event -- and your feedback.

I appreciate both the value that backstagers would add to this discussion, and
also the financial constraints under which many operate.

As you may be aware, BBC Future Media & Technology kindly underwrote and ran
the event last year, and we were able to waive any booking fee as a result. I
had originally hoped we could at least set aside a block of no cost tickets
this year, but unfortunately we couldn't carry this through due to lack of
sponsorship (recession, media sector crisis, blah, blah, blah).

That said, I am keen for backstagers to take part in the event and we have
created a £75 ticket just for people on this list. You can use this at the
Booking page:
        http://www.mediafuturesconference.org/2009/Booking.html

or go directly to Eventbrite where the code will be pre-filled:
        http://mfc09.eventbrite.com/?discount=MFCBSTG

I hope this offer is sufficient to enable some list colleagues to attend and
look forward to you joining us on Friday.

Best regards

Nico Macdonald

Programmer and Chair, Media Futures Conference
+44 7973 377 897

Media Futures Conference 2009: Beyond Broadcast
3 July 2009, Bloomberg Auditorium, London EC2
http://www.mediafuturesconference.org/2009/