I totally agree about the Freeview logo.  When I was a kid you could get
Cooper Black[1] in Boots The Chemist dry transfer lettering (poor man's
Letraset).  Everytime I see it I just think of the "layouts" I did at school
using a typewriter (before the school has a printer) and Cooper Black.  I've
even got some it in a box of old things somewhere.

Does anyone like the BBC HD logo?

It's allllmost right - that two-tone effect they have on the joined
verticals of the HD always looks like pixelation or an encoding flaw to my
subconscious mind, which then makes me focus on it and wastes that valuable
viewing time ;) and it must be using far more bits to encode the difference
when they could just be using a solid black fill for the whole thing. Seems
a bit wasteful and quite distracting to be honest.

BBC HD dog needs to be done away with completely 100% of the time, imho.
I've laboriously tuned to the BBC HD channel myself and should I have a bout
of sudden-onset amnesia, I always have the EPG to remind me. Otherwise I
always know exactly which channel I'm watching. (yes, I'm a fan of DOGless
TV!)