Richard Lockwood wrote:
It is my genuine position. Abolishing copyright would  achieve exactly what
I want.

This is what it all boils down to whenever the "let's abolish
copyright for the good of society".  It's actually about "let's
abolish copyright for my own personal benefit".  You simply don't want
to have to pay for anything, and I'm guessing you don't produce
anything creative, hence you don't benefit from copyright.

It's the "me, me, me, me, me!" argument again - have you been down the
pub with Dave Crossland too often?  ;-)

It's why not do a thought experiment, after all there are several million people on the Internet, who intend to practice it.

The attempts to prevent them are the real danger to society.

Lord Mandeleson, and the French want to throw out the Magna Carta, and the whole legal system to maintain it.

Content Vendors want to lock down every piece of consumer electronics.
and impose huge costs on society.