Your arguments should hold true for anything involving the word Nazi too:)
Interesting the control you are trying to exercise over our freedom to discuss this topic.
Alia

David Tomlinson wrote:
Alia Sheikh wrote:
Dave,
So we can have this discussion in only a manner which is determined by yourself? Children count, pictures of dogs count, pictures of someone's gran or bank statement or a tree counts. If your arguments hold tight then they hold tight for all examples. Hard to have a discussion when people threaten to take their ball away and not play anymore. Which signifies no more than the end of this discussion with you perhaps, but thought it worth mentioning in case the negative reactions to that statement were just whistling past.
Alia

If you wish to talk about personal images use the example of adults, a spouse for example. Or personal information. Involving children is like using the word Nazi, it is designed to close down debate, because of the moral panic surrounding the issue.
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/