Why should facebook need a panic button for children ? - the T&Cs clearly
set a minimum age.

I don't have a problem with the buttons per se, but they should be
accompanied with fines for the parents of children caught using such sites -
say £250 per incident.

I don't have a problem with the buttons per se, but parents need to take
more responsibility for the behaviour of their children - I shouldn't have
to moderate my bahaviour in an mature space on the off-chance that there
are kids lurking on the site waiting to groom unsuspecting adults.

--
You can't build a reputation based on what you are going to do.