Watching the CA v. US icehockey final, I noticed - once again - that the BBC
Sports online stream, at [1], is horribly deinterlaced. Image sample: [2].
However, TVCatchup's BBC2 stream, at [3], which sources from Freeview, looks
fine. How come TVC can do a better job at progressive video than the Beeb
can? ;)

With the impending F1 season almost upon us, I'd hate to see the same
problems with blended deinterlaced footage as was frequently visible on the
BBC streams last year. (and I don't want to have to use TVCatchup again.)
It's bad enough with the fairly linear movement in motorsports, but with
sports like ice hockey you can't even track the players, let alone the puck.

[1]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/live_coverage/d
efault.stm
[2] http://imgur.com/6pZG9.png