> "Andrew Bowden" <andrew.bow...@bbc.co.uk> writes:
> > It's so hard for me currently to get SD content off my PVR
> > and on to
> > my iPod that I've never done it.
> This is easy enough to automate however you like if you're
> using a software PVR such as MythTV -- it's the only way I
> listen to radio these days. I think it's a great shame that
> some at the BBC want to discourage this kind of development.

I have a hardware PVR - I think we're a few years away from software
PVRs being particularly mainstream.  Whilst MythTV has come a long way,
it in particular has a lot of work to do to make it work properly for
the average user.  I certainly hope it's got better than a year ago when
I couldn't even manage to get Mythubuntu working on my home PC!  I've
used Linux since about 1998.  I have all sorts of peripherals working.
But I still have to scurry to Windows to use my TV card :(

Give me a hardware PVR that sits neatly under my TV any day.