Alex Cockell wrote:

As long as the possibility of an open-source implementation remains. Which is quite concerning at present. One should be able to build a Canvas receiver from *public* specs ultimately. The scale of lockdown is quigte worrying at the mo.

Also inprove some of the diagnostics...

You will be legally, and without breaking Free Software principles, be able to implement a free/open-source, software stack (no linking to closed source modules), including, displaying the EPG contents (No NDA required) from the public specification.

The 'canvas' interface is still subject to copyright and subject to a cost recovery fee, as are logos etc (not required by open source solution).

There will be no technical or other obstruction, to omitting the content protection (which is part of the specification).

I do not work for 'canvas' or the BBC, but this is my expectation.

I can't help with the diagnostics ...