http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-canvas-complaint-5-comes-from-open-source-software-fans/

"The OSC is a small body, with 23 members from small development and consultancy firms, and it’s objection is largely philosophical - that Canvas isn’t “open” in the same way Unix and Linux lovers regard “open”."

http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/downloads/project_canvas/project_canvas_consultation_response.pdf

"Accordingly, Project Canvas should all the application programme interfaces (“API”s) and use and publish unencumbered open standards so as to enable anyone to provide “Project Canvas ready” client solutions on any platform."

Personally, I believe the BBC is breaking the Law, and have complained to the OFT (twice) and the BBC (twice) via their web form which has on both occasions lost my complaint.

Bizarrely, the OFT does not consider my complaint important enough to pursue, when it has international and nation implications.

To quote the OSC.

http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/downloads/project_canvas/project_canvas_consultation_response.pdf

"Project Canvas in its current form is going to lead to the BBC having unprecedented influence in the market for computer hardware and software."

It would appear complaints from the public are to be dismissed by 'The Powers That Be'.