On 13/09/2010 13:39, Tim Dobson wrote:

Gah, this makes no sense in the context of what Canvas actually is.

If you're going to bitch and moan, at least bloody do it coherently.

+1

A sense of outrage always makes me incoherent too.

So what is Canvas ?

A black box under the control of a Joint Venture, who extends the monopoly interest of the rights holders and using the power of rights holders and the Joint Venture members (including a large public institution) to distort the consumer electronics market in the UK. In violation of competition law.

A project that wishes to monitor and control a device paid for and therefore owned by the consumer, through encryption and DRM, removing all consumer control and violating European Law and the Human Rights act in the process ?

A project that will exclude more open devices like PC's, and restrict public access to publicly funded content.

I guess the above is not how the BBC would describe it !