On 21/10/10 18:34, Ant Miller wrote:
This is a community though, and a vocal one at that, so please do let us
know how you feel about this.  What have we missed, how can we do it
better, what opportunities do you think we can take but may have
overlooked?  For the moment we will continue to support this mailing
list, and we'll probably pop into the "friends of" now and again if
we're welcome too.

If you've not been keeping up to date recently, Ant's talking about this:

Ant, as far as I'm concerned, anyone and everyone is welcome on the friends-of-backstage list providing they keep to the rules:

"Be Nice To Each Other and Don't Break The Law. If you are rude or spam the list then you'll be taken off."

To summerise; anyone who is comfortable here should be comfortable on the friends-of-backstage list.

BBC staff, friends, family, pets and everyone else are welcome to announce and invite discussion about things people think will be of interest to others.

The usual Plea will also apply: Please be gentle with the BBC staff on the list - they suffer enough already.

----

From a personal point of view, I'm happy to see new things appear on the horizon and for people to innovate in this space however, this community has provided lots of interesting and eye opening things to me over the past few years and I don't want to lose it for any reason. :)