I install rsync using the msi installer.
When I try to run the service from windows Administrative tools/services it
gives me the message.
"The rsyncd service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they have no work for example the Performance
logs and Alerts service.

When I try to start it from the command line I get the error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Krsnendu>cygrunsrv -S rsyncd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

What's happening?

It used to work fine previously but because of conflicts with cygwin1.dll in
NX Client I stopped it and only recently tried reinstalling it.