Rob Shepherd wrote:

> I'm about to deploy BackupPC for backing up laptops, using cygwin/rsyncd
> on the clients.
>
> I've noticed that the backup on disk is not of a form which isn't suitable
> for exporting via samba directly.
>
> i'd like to be able to quickly provide a user with access to their files
> over samba, as quickly as possible.
>
> does anybody have any thoughts on how i do this efficiently.

Set up authenticated http access with each user listed as the 'owner' of
his own machine in your hosts file.  Then they will be able to browse
their own backups, select files, and have a choice of grabbing a copy
directly through the browser or having the restore done through the
protocol used to do the backup.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]