Jason B wrote:

> Apologies for the relatively long email, but I figure it's better to
> give too much information than not enough. I've run into a bit of
> difficulty backing up a large directory tree that has me not being
> able to do a successful backup in over a month now. I'm attempting to
> back up about 70GB over the Internet with a 1 MB/sec connection (the
> time it takes doesn't really bother me, just want to do a full backup
> and then run incrementals all  the time). However, the transfer always
> times out with signal=ALRM.

ALRM should mean the server's $Conf{ClientTimeout} expired.  You may
need to make it much longer. The time is supposed to mean inactivity but
some circumstances make it the total time for a transfer to complete.

signal=PIPE means the connection broke or the client side quit unexpectedly.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]