I am using backuppc but it is extremely slow. I narrowed it down to disk
bottleneck. (ad2 being the backup disk). Also checked the archives of
the mailing list and it is mentioned that this is happening because of
too many hard links.

Disks   ad0   ad2
KB/t   4.00 25.50
tps       1    75
MB/s   0.00  1.87
% busy    1    96

But I couldnt find any solution to this. Is there a way to get this
faster without changing to faster disks? I guess I could 2 disks in
mirror or something but it is stupid to waste the space I gain by
backuppc algorithm by using multiple disks to get a decent performance :)

I am feeling that this performance problem is extreme. It goes with
snail speed even when I am backing up 1 machine only. Should I be adding
disks for each machine I backup? :)

Thanks,
Evren