Hi there, BackupPC Community,

what is the easiest way to let our users (we are about 30 here) browse and
restore
the backups that were made from their machines ?
- Without granting admin access to them. -

We'd need some restricted accounts to access backuppc via http, which should
allow exclusive access to the user's machine, but to none of the other backups.
Is there a way to accomplish that  - e.g., adding users to
/etc/backuppc/htpasswd
and htgroup ..?
Problem is, the whole backup directory structure is owned by user backuppc
and same-named group.
Maybe some pl script could do the access control in the first place ?

Hoping for some helpful ideas...
Best regards,
Alexander Lenz

Metaversum GmbH
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jochen Hummel, Dietrich Charisius, Dr. Mirko Caspar
Rungestr. 20, D-10179 Berlin, Germany
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 99412 B
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication is
confidential to the sender, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately at the contact numbers or addresses noted herein.