Alexander Lenz wrote:

Hi there, BackupPC Community,

what is the easiest way to let our users (we are about 30 here) browse and restore
the backups that were made from their machines ?
- Without granting admin access to them. -

We'd need some restricted accounts to access backuppc via http, which should allow exclusive access to the user's machine, but to none of the other backups. Is there a way to accomplish that - e.g., adding users to /etc/ backuppc/htpasswd
and htgroup ..?
Problem is, the whole backup directory structure is owned by user backuppc
and same-named group.
Maybe some pl script could do the access control in the first place ?

Hoping for some helpful ideas…

This is all already built-in and ready to go. Just add the users to your htpasswd file and associate the hosts with the users in your BackupPC hosts file. See <http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#step_4__setting_up_the_hosts_file >.

Nils Breunese.