From: "Michael MH. Heel" <m...@heel-data.de>
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:07:06 AM
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rsync with windows/cygwin

Hello. I am testing BackupPC since a few days for backing up Windows PCs.

Most information i got tell me to use rsyncd when it comes to windows machines
due to a bug.

As i run into problems with rsyncd+ssh i wonder if the rsync problem still
persists or if it can be used now.

About the rsyncd problem: rsyncd trys to connect directly and is not using the
ssh tunnel. I found documents about this problem but if rsync would work i
would save the time solving the problem.

Thx for your help

Michael H.

Here is how I did it. If you don't want to use Microsoft's VSS, that part can
be skipped.

http://geraldbrandt.com/2010/06/08/backuppc-with-sshrsyncvss-on-windows-server/