On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Kameleon <kameleo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes the host can talk just about any other way besides iSCSI to another
> host. I never said it couldn't. Hence why I was going to resort to the rsync
> method.

Why can't the guest talk to iscsi?  Or reboot the guest (or even host)
with a recent ubuntu-based clonezilla-live and have it write the image
copied to an NFS export from a different system that has its disks on
the SAN?

> So my thinking is that I can simply setup another physical host that does
> not have the iSCSI issue, create a share or similar on it that the current
> host can access and has no problem writing to, and then copy the data over
> to the SAN. Simple enough.

If the SAN is just a temporary copy that you are going to reload
elsewhere, the clonezilla image copy should be the perfect storage
format.

      lesmikes...@gmail.com