On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM, gshergill
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:
> Hi BackupPC community,
>
> I was wondering if there is a functionality to allow someone to back up their
> box running VSphere (as an OS).
>
> Ideally, I would run one command and it would sequentially back up every VM
> on the VSphere box.

No, not only does it not have any special facility to deal with the VM
host (other than generic ssh commands), the large VM image files would
always have changes that would prevent backuppc's pooling from working
for them.   On the other hand you could set up any running vm guest to
be backed up just like a physical machine, and common files would be
pooled in that case.

     lesmikes...@gmail.com