On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM, gshergill
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:
> Hi Les Mikesell,
>
> ====================
> No, not only does it not have any special facility to deal with the VM
> host (other than generic ssh commands), the large VM image files would
> always have changes that would prevent backuppc's pooling from working
> for them. On the other hand you could set up any running vm guest to
> be backed up just like a physical machine, and common files would be
> pooled in that case.
>
> Just to confirm, you are saying that there is no simple "one command to back
> them all up", but I can individually back up each VM running on the OS as I
> normally would?

You can run backups directly from each guest just like you would from
standalone machines.   There just aren't any tools that interact with
the VMware hosts to access the VM image files and even if you could,
they would not pool nicely.

    lesmikes...@gmail.com