On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Tilde88
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:
> yea i know abotu the post and pre commands... i actually use them to turn on
> the rsync daemon on windows, and snapshot...
>
> the problem is, the commands that i need cannot be run on every backup...
> IE, one of the commands would make a virtualizable VHD, and another will
> convert that VHD to VMDK for vmware.
> So just having the button would be the solution, seeing as how virtualizing
> and converting take quite some time and space, and I will be backing up
> systems every hour on the hour.
>
> im working on a complete disaster recovery and business continuity
> solution... i have the actual project completed, i just need to incorporate
> all the pieces into BPC (as it is the main backbone)

You might want to look at http://relax-and-recover.org/ if you haven't
already.   It has most of the pieces (for Linux) that backuppc is
missing, particularly dealing with bare-metal recovery.   I think it
could be integrated with backuppc fairly easily but haven't had time
to do it myself.

      lesmikes...@gmail.com