On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Tilde88
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:
> :\ turns out this wont be useful for me...
>
> i do appreciate the suggestio nthough

Seemed like a nice idea to have a bootable iso with scripts to
reconstruct your disk layout (raid,lvm, filesytems) with the network
and ssh up.  It should be trivial to do a backuppc restore from that
point - and moderately hard to reproduce what it does.   What I'd like
to see is a minor change to build a directory of the iso's contents
where backuppc could include it instead of pre-creating the iso image.
  That way you could have a large number of them with files that would
pool nicely on the backuppc server.   As a tradeoff you'd have to
download the contents and rebuild the iso at restore time, but you'd
always be able to build the matching one for any backup.

      lesmikes...@gmail.com