On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Jim Stark <jstarkjhea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) You can simply run full backups
>
> Performance hit? I understand pooling will avoid creating multiple copies,
> but cost in backup time?

You need to do fulls at least once a week or so to keep the tree
structure sane - and if you have time to do them one night you can
probably do them every night, unless you have a large set of targets
and need to skew the full run days.

> I guess I'm mostly surprised that the incremental backup does not realize
> that there are files in the source that do not exist in the destination &
> back them up based on that, regardless of modtime.

It is running smbclient in tar mode.   It doesn't know anything about
previous runs.

    lesmikes...@gmail.com