Il 17/12/2015 16:04, absolutely_f...@libero.it ha scritto:
>> Hi.
>>
>> let's say I can't use DRDB or mdadm at all.
>> If I sync every "pc", one by one, between two storage, this could be working
>> (even if suboptimal)?
>> I know that rsync is able to recognize hardlinks (-H) only in same session
>> (from manpage: " Note that rsync can only detect hard links between files
>> that
>> are inside the transfer set. ").
>> So I guess, on second storage disk occupation will be bigger.
>> Thank you very much.

>From memory, I think you could use rsync to copy the pool/cpool + one pc
directory, then run rsync again to copy the pool/cpool + second pc
directory, etc... This should preserve all hardlinks since the pc
directory is hardlinked to the pool, and you copy the pool on every run.

Not sure if that data set will work well or not, depending on number of
files in your pool I guess, and also number of files per pc, and number
of backups retained.

Regards,
Adam

--