the first real restore that I have had to do took a surprising amount of effort, so I figure I took the wrong approach somewhere. This is what I did:

- to start with, the host was set up with rsync and had quite a few $RsyncShareName directories specified e.g.

- in the CGI interface restore screen, I had to choose each one individually, select all files, create the restore job, and specify the target directory on the new host.

- I had to do a 'mkdir' for each restore job to create its root directory, and chmod the dir to 777 - (I am restoring a Windows backup onto a Linux box)

Is there a way to do all this in one go, or at least to obviate the need to create the target directories?

BackupPC-users mailing list