On 11/02 01:29 , Christian Völker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> BackupPC 3.x backing up Linux hosts. Runs fine since years now.
>
> But currently I have an issue with one of my hosts. The backup starts,
> but runs forever and does never finish. I do not know why this happens.

If you watch the traffic with a tool such as 'iftop' is there still data
flowing?

If you tail the transfer log:
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_zcat ~backuppc/pc/<hostname>/XferLOG.z|tail
what file does it stop on, and does it always stop there?

I recently had a case where ntpd was running in a chroot jail, and the jail
had /proc mounted within it. So the backup was trying to back up the
client's memory, leading to the situation you describe.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator