Hi,

Christian V?lker wrote on 2016-11-02 19:04:58 +0100 [Re: [BackupPC-users]
Backup Running Forever]:
> [...]
> > If you tail the transfer log:
> > /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_zcat ~backuppc/pc/<hostname>/XferLOG.z|tail
> > what file does it stop on, and does it always stop there?
> I will restart an see if it stops on the same file. Up to now the
> command shows me:
> same     644       0/0     8618994 usr/share/cracklib/pw_dict.pwd
>   same     644       0/0      458640 usr/share/cracklib/pw_dict.pwi
>   create d 755       0/0        4096 usr/share/davical
>   create d 755       0/0        4096 usr/share/davical/dba
>   same     644       0/0        1635
> usr/share/davical/dba/appuser_permissions.txt
>   same     644       0/0        2

as you can see, output to the XferLOG is buffered (and compressed), so the
file it is hanging on can be anything between the next file (after the one
whose name you can't see) to some thousands of files later. If you could get
the BackupPC_dump process to terminate and flush the buffer, that might help
you, but I don't think you can ...

My quick guess is attrib file corruption, apparently causing a
misunderstanding between Xfer::Rsync and rsync on the client, where each end
is expecting protocol data from the other. The most non-invasive thing to try
would seem to be setting

$Conf {PartialAgeMax} = 0;

and seeing if BackupPC really does ignore the partial on the next backup. If
that doesn't help, you might need to delete the partial backup.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Holger