On 2017-04-03 07:06, Adam Goryachev wrote:

> Perfect, there is your "smoking gun".
> So, do the following:
> ps aux|grep apache
> See what user apache is running as (you also need the group, probably just
> get that from the apache config files).
>
> Now do the following commands:
> ls -ld /etc/BackupPC
> ls -ld /etc/BackupPC/apache.users
>
> Lets assume apache is running with the user apache
> Lets assume the /etc/BackupPC directory is owned by backuppc, and is secured
> so that it is not world readable (a pretty good idea since it is likely to
> contain passwords in the various config files).
> Lets assume the /etc/BackupPC/apache.users file is owned by backuppc as well.
>
> You would need to do the following commands to "fix" it (ie, allow apache to
> read the passwd file).
> chgrp apache /etc/BackupPC
> chmod g+rx /etc/BackupPC (edit config probably won't work, but it should fix
> your current problem).
>
> You might also need the following:
> chgrp apache /etc/BackupPC/apache.users
> chmod g+r /etc/BackupPC/apache.users
>
> The other option is to simply do this:
> mv /etc/BackupPC/apache.users /etc/apache2/backuppc.users
> chown apache /etc/apache2/backuppc.users
> Update the apache config file to point to the new location.
>
> Then, restart apache and you should be fine.
>
> Regards,
> Adam

These made sense and I ran your suggestions. The first login attempt and
I received the appropriate login box, entered user name and passwd but
still only five (5) entires in navigation menu. Logoff, close browser
tab, start new tab, enter backuppc ipaddress and just login, no request
for user name or passwd.

Thanks for your suggestions, Adam. These match (in the CentOS way) to
what I was seeing on Ubuntu running v3.3.1. I still think it is a
permissions issue.

              • ... Bob of Donelson Trophy
              • ... Richard Shaw
              • ... Bob of Donelson Trophy
              • ... Adam Goryachev
              • ... Tim Herren
              • ... Richard Shaw
              • ... Bob of Donelson Trophy
              • ... Adam Goryachev
              • ... Richard Shaw
              • ... Bob of Donelson Trophy
              • ... Bob of Donelson Trophy
              • ... Adam Goryachev
              • ... Richard Shaw
              • ... tbuchanan
  • Re: [Backu... Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[Analytical Mechanics Associates, INC.]