Hi!

I followed the instructions to make a restricted backuppc user on client
machines with limited sudo permission thus:

backuppc ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender *

This works fine for backing up, but I just discovered I can no longer
restore directly, as I’m getting the following error:

Restore failed on X (rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code
12) at io.c(629) [sender=3.0.9.8])

I just logged in to the client, and sure enough have this in the secure
logs:

Nov 15 22:39:54 x sudo: backuppc : command not allowed ; TTY=unknown ;
PWD=/home/backuppc ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/rsync --server
-slHogDtprRe.iLsf

I’m assuming this is because the “--sender" parameter isn’t used here.

What’s the best way to fix this? Should I simply remove “--sender" from the
sudoers config and should this be added to the documentation?

TIA

Jamie