> [989735.607370] rsync_bpc[17687]: segfault at 7fe6e2e1c128 ip
> 00007fe6e421bdf0 sp 00007ffe37536078 error 4 in
> libc-2.24.so[7fe6e40f0000+195000]
>
> That's not good.  I'd really like to get a stack trace or more information
about where the segfault occurs.

Can you build rsync_bpc from source, and add

-fsanitize=address

to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in the Makefile (after you run configure, but before
you run make)?

It would also be helpful to get more debug output in the XferLOG file.
Please set $Conf{XferLogLevel} to 7 before your next run, and send me
(directly, not on the list) the XferLOG file.  If it is too big just send
me the first and last ~100 lines.

Thanks,
Craig