Joel,

It's hard to tell from the log.  However, one thing worth trying is to
build rsync-bpc 3.0.9 from current git, since there was a bug I fixed last
week that could be related to this:

mkdir somewhere
cd somewhere
git clone https://github.com/backuppc/rsync-bpc
cd rsync-bpc
git checkout 3.0.9

./configure

make

Then set $Conf{RsyncBackupPCPath} to the new rysnc_bpc executable (ie:
/path/to/somewhere/rsync-bpc/rsync_bpc) and try running the backup again.

If that still fails, the next steps are to increase XferLogLevel (eg, to 5
or 6), and add -vv to RsyncArgsExtra and send the log file.

Craig