Please remove the -q option.  Try adding -v (or even -vv) to the ssh args.

What happens if you run some other command, eg, /bin/date?  What happens if
you run some path that doesn't exist, eg, /bin/foobar.

Examples:

/usr/bin/ssh -v -x -l backuppc localhost /bin/date
/usr/bin/ssh -v -x -l backuppc localhost /bin/foobar

Craig