Hi,

I am using BackupPC software for more that 4 years for my job and I never
had problem but last week I had the bad idea to update the software to
version 4.0.0 and now I have a problem running backups.

I got the following error:

 active1: getaddrinfo is not a valid Socket macro at
/usr/share/BackupPC/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1412

I have found an email with the same problem from 2017, I have the same perl
version and socket, I have installed cpan and run install Socket but didn't
help.

Do you have another suggestion to resolve the problem? Do I have to install
a new version of Perl?, I think I can install a new version in different
directory but how BackupPC will point to it.

​
root@sv02 usr]# perl -v

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2009, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

[root@sv02 usr]# perl -e 'use Socket; print $Socket::VERSION . "\n"'
1.82

Old Ticket with the error