I am using BackupPC 4 on an ArchLinux distribution to backup a Windows client.
The amount of data on the Windows client being backed up is about 3.7 terabytes
in the BackupPC pool.  I would like to reinstall the operating system on my
Windows computer and would like to know the following:

1) Once I reinstall the operating system and direct BackupPC to resume backing
up that Windows client, will BackupPC re-copy all of the data from the Windows
client into the pool?

2) On resuming backing up the Windows client, will BackupPC basically first
look at the data to be backed up on the Windows client and then realize that it
already has that data in the pool and therefore will not re-copy the data but
will link to it in the pool.

The reason I ask re re-copying the data is because the ArchLinux server only
has about 5 terabytes of space available of which 3.7 terabytes is already
filled with backups from the old Windows client and thus if it re-copies the
data from the reinstalled Windows client (even if it later de-duplicates  the
data), the ArchLinux server will run out of space.

Thanks in advance.

Akibu