On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Bowie Bailey <bowie_bai...@buc.com> wrote:

> There was still plenty of free RAM and no swap usage.  I know it was
> still doing something because the pool filesystem was slowly growing.  I
> could try an strace, but I'll have to research that.  I've never used
> strace before.

Be sure to check RAM/swap at both ends.   You give strace a process id
number and it shows every system call and its arguments that the
process is making.  It's usually an overwhelming stream of text but
you should be able to see the open() and read()s happening as long as
it is still sending files.
      lesmikes...@gmail.com