Jaime,

The first example is an incremental backup (the -N option to smbclient
tarmode), and the second is a full.

What are your settings for
$Conf{SmbClientFullCmd}, $Conf{SmbShareName}, $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} and
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} on the two machines?

Also, have you consider running rsync instead?  While it requires a
client-side installation, its performance is higher and the include/exclude
logic is clearer and more flexible.

Craig