On 17/3/19 1:44 am, Erik via BackupPC-users wrote:
From: "G.W. Haywood"<bac...@jubileegroup.co.uk>

Like you, I've seen similar but not quite this.  At a guess rsync(d)
is having trouble with its algorithms.  I'd break the failing backup
into multiple shares and back them up at different times to see if it
makes any difference.

I will try that, thanks.

I am curious what started this, since there are no apparent changes to the setup. Except for regular system updates.

The most recent failure did not succeed manually either. The only real clue I have so far is from Tcpdump, which showed that the tcp link stalled. It ends with a number of retransmissions, which indicates the other end of the link has stopped responding. Sadly, the rsync logs have revealed nothing yet.

Erik

Are you using rsync over ssh? You could try adding ssh keepalives to help avoid NAT timeout issues, and also to "notice" a dropped connection. The other scenario I've seen causing problems is a large number of files in one directory.

I've found BPCv4 seems a lot more reliable with large number of files.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message