There’s no dot on the first one.

Thanks,

Greg Harris

On Apr 23, 2020, at 11:27 AM, Richard Shaw
<hobbes1...@gmail.com<mailto:hobbes1...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I tried to upgrade my CentOS 7 box to CentOS 8 (through reinstall and
preserving of /etc) but it went sideways and I lost everything so I had to
setup BackupPC from scratch.

Getting the rsync excludes right has always been a problem for me. I'm not
volunteering to start it but (I've got WAY too much going on in my life right
now) but a Wiki or something with BackupPC recipes and best practices would be
great!

Here's my current default exclude as I mostly backup home directories:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '*/Trash',
    '/.cache',
    '/.Trash*'
  ]
};

My share is "/var/lib/pictures"

So my thought was the * should match all shares and the "/.Trash*" should match
trash files in the root of the share but I just did a full backup and two are
still there.

Advice?

Thanks,
Richard