From: Greg Harris <ghar...@teamexpansion.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 6:24 PM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] CGI Script Fails to Run But Actual Text of Script
Displays Instead

Apache is not reading the .php files as php, but text.

Thanks,

Greg Harris

On Apr 26, 2020, at 8:22 PM, Akibu Flash <akibufl...@outlook.com> wrote:

I am running an Arch Linux server (5.6.6) for the purpose of backing up several
Windows 10 machines on a home local area  network.  I have installed the
package distribution and also Apache with mod_perl support.  Backuppc along
with Apache are listed as running when I check systemctl status for each.  From
one of the Windows 10 machines on the network, I am able to access the BackupPC
server by typing in the backuppc server address appended with /BackupPC_Admin.
However, I seem to only get the actual text of the script rather than the
script running.  Any guidance on what I am doing wrong.  I have followed
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/BackupPC to the letter.  Particularly, I
have followed the below section regarding single purpose Apache:

Apache configuration

BackupPC has a web interface that allows you to easily control it. You can
access it using Apache and mod_perl or a C wrapper but other webservers like
lighttpd<https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=lighttpd> works too. Install
apache<https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=apache> from the official
repositories.

Edit Apache configuration

BackupPC's web UI needs to run as the user backuppc, but Apache normally runs
under the user http. There are several ways to fix this. The two demonstrated
here are common for single-purpose servers (Apache is only used to serve the
BackupPC UI) or for multi-purpose servers (Apache may also server other
websites under the regular http user).

Setting up Apache for single-purpose use is a bit easier but not as flexible.

General settings

Edit /etc/backuppc/config.pl. Set administrator name:

$Conf{CgiAdminUsers} = 'admin';

Next, we need to add a users file and set the admin password:

# htpasswd -c /etc/backuppc/backuppc.users admin

The BackupPC-Webfrontend is initially configured so that you can only access it
from the localhost. If you want to access it from all machines in your network,
you have to edit /etc/httpd/conf/extra/backuppc.conf. Edit the line:

Require ip 127.0.0.1

to:

Require ip 127.0.0.1 192.168.0

where you have to replace 192.168.0 to your corresponding IP-Adresses you want
to gain access from. After one of the configuration steps below has also been
performed, [re]start the Apache service.

Single-purpose Apache settings

Install<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install>
mod_perl<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mod_perl/>AUR from the official
repositories<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Official_repositories>.

Edit the Apache configuration file to load mod_perl, tell Apache to run as user
backuppc and to include /etc/httpd/conf/extra/backuppc.conf:

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

 User backuppc
 Group backuppc
 Include conf/extra/backuppc.conf

I assume that it is a simple fix but don't quite know where to begin.  Any
assistance is appreciated.  Thanks.

Akibu