Robert E. Wooden wrote at about 10:02:58 -0600 on Monday, January 4, 2021:
 > On 1/4/2021 9:55 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
 > > On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 9:32 AM G.W. Haywood via BackupPC-users
 > > <backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
 > >> I've tried using a 4B and gave up with it - unreliable.  That was the
 > >> one reservation.  I think I've posted about my experience on the list,
 > >> check the archives.
 > > Maybe you just have a bad one or it is overheating in its case or
 > > something.  I've left a 4B powered up for months without crashing.
 > > Mine doesn't have a load like backuppc - just occasionally playing
 > > videos with Kodi or Plex, but it doesn't crash. The only serious quirk
 > > I've seen is that having the HDMI port active interferes with wifi -
 > > but you'd want to use ethernet for backups anyway.
 > >
 > I'm going to add here that I have seen a few posts (elsewhere) that some
 > 4B w/8Gb RAM had crash issues and a 4B 4Gb running the same program runs
 > fine. Wondering what model 4B the OP is using? (2Gb, 4Gb, or 8Gb?)

Well I was considering buying a 4B 8GB mounted in my router "cabinet"
to do the following 3 things:
1. Backuppc server (secondary to my primary one running on my home x86
   server)
2. Using NUT, monitor the UPS powering the switches/routers/VOIP
   devices in my router cabinet
3. Potentially also serve as an occasional mythtv frontend for a
   basement TV used during exercise

Would be good to understand if the issues with crashing 4B are due to:
1. One-off faulty device
2. General hardware design issue
3. General OS/software issue
4. "Overload" of some type
5. Weird other interaction among HW/OS/apps etc