I installed BPC4 from the pre-release debian 11 repo back in March and it Just Worked(TM), no problems at all.  I'm currently backing up 89 hosts with it and haven't had to touch any of the BPC infrastructure aside from setting up appropriate configs. It's solid.

I'm not sure why Debian decided to do the pc/ symlink thing, but it works.  Debian was doing that with the BPC 3.x packages in debian10 and it never caused any problems that I'm aware of.