On 2021-11-04 07:36, Les Mikesell wrote:
On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 4:16 AM Anthony Chavez <a...@hexadecagram.org> wrote:
Namely?

I use NFS for a lot of things. And apart from an abysmal security model (that
can fortunately be hardened with a lot of extra work), I've had no complaints.
Think about the network activity that has to happen when you rsync a
file with small changes when it is stored over an NFS mount.   The
whole thing has to be read over the network to find the differences -
when most of the point of rsync is to avoid that network traffic.
That's not your immediate problem but something to consider when
putting the backuppc pool on NFS.

Which NAS OS'es/protocols have worked best with backupc, in your experience?
I have been using NFS on a NAS for years, as the pool location for backuppc.  It has had its ups and downs.