Hi there,

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021, Technik ITEAS wrote:

2021-12-03 10:47:07 Got fatal error during xfer (Non-zero exit status from
smbclient)

... Where can the error lie here? ...

On the very rare occasions when I've seen this error (the last event
was at least two years ago, and was backing up a non-Windows machine
using rsync or rsyncd) the problem has been that a file on the client
which was being backed up had become ridiculously large, because some
process on the client had gone off the reservation.  In my case it was
a log file created by the X windowing system, all the more amusing was
that the file itself (.xsession-errors) was a hidden one...

To find the problem I logged each file as it was being backed up and
watched for the error to appear.  Perhaps *if* it is the same problem
that I had, you might find such a problematic file in the same way.

Of course I am only guessing what the problem might be, so YMMV.

--

73,
Ged.