Been using BackupPC for more than 10 years and it's config has been pretty static since I set it up. I have a pretty long exclude list, and now I need to add an additional directory to exclude.  I added the new directory /home/new/* but the directory and it's contents are being backed up. I tried /home/new/ and /home/new with no success.  All the other directories that I'm excluding are working exactly as desired. In poking around for a solution I see that I'm not alone in trying to solve this problem.  It's even more frustrating when all the other excludes work but not this addition.
So is there a solution to this problem?
Thanks
Pete

--