Le 13/12/2021 à 13:17, Pete Geenhuizen a écrit :
Thanks for the response.

On 12/13/21 04:44, thveillon wrote:

Hi, Maybe you can show us part of the relevant configuration files? Are you using just a "config.pl" file or per-host configuration? Are your /home/* shares on the same filesystem as the excluded shares? My exclude list works as intended with rsync on Linux, I have had to adjust my configuration files for BPC4 but it is now running fine, so maybe we can work out what is not working for you.

All the best.

I'm  using a single config.pl file for all the hosts, exclude list from config.pl attached. My rsync.conf file only has / /home and /boot in it which explains why nothing in /export is being backed up which is what I want.
I don't have an exclude for /home/* only /home/new/*

I hope that I've answered your immediate questions, if not let me know what else you might need that will help in solving this problem

Thanks
Pete

Hi, from a purely pragmatic perspective using per-host configuration tends to make debugging easier, at least it is my experience.

When you say "my rsync.conf file" are you referring to a rsyncd.conf file? Are you using the rsyncd method or rsync? I never needed a rsync.conf file in relation to backuppc rsync operation before, hence my question.

In your exclude list, what is the function of the back tick "`" after the first '/host' definition in the "*" share?

Also if your main share is "/", and you don't need an empty directory in the backup, you could use:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '/proc',
    '/tmp',
    '/dev',

...[snip]

instead of:

    '/dev/*',

at least that's what I am doing and it works here.

I will wait for your answer before digging any further in your configuration.

All the best.