Glad to hear you are all fixed up!  Are you still getting these messages?  If so, how do you initiate the command you are running, and in which log file do the messages occur, please?

On 2023-07-08 07:53, spindles seven wrote:
On 08 July 2023 15:22 Norman J. Goldstein wrote:
I am no perl expert, but here is my take on the messages in the logs.  If the
messages are all warnings, I don't think that would be why BPC is exiting.
Nonetheless, here is how I think the messages can be eliminated, but without
having
tested the suggestions (sorry!).

It looks like removing "my" from the three lines (226, 227 and 228) will
eliminate the
message about masking, although the programmer probably meant to remove the
"my" declarations of these variables a few lines earlier.

As for the message about %poolMapper, this is explained in
https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=188283 and
https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/advanced-perl-
programming/1565922204/ch04.html
"References to Anonymous Subroutines"
i.e. change the declaration "sub generatePool" to be anonymous at line 93.
Then,
the two references to "generatePool" need to be altered, accordingly, at lines
110
and 111.
Thanks Norman for your reply.   After some more digging I realised that I had
initially installed BackupPC manually rather than using the Debian distro
package.   So after cleaning up the manual install, I reinstalled using
Debian's Bookworm package of BackupPC along with its dependencies.   After some
more tweaking of the configuration files in /etc/backuppc and /etc/apache2/ I
got it working again.

Thanks.

Spindles7