Thanks again!

Again, I do not know why this changed. Removed the entry on the host and let the default settings settle in.

Thanks!

/KNEBB

Am 26.11.23 um 13:51 schrieb jbk:
On 11/26/23 05:30, Christian Völker wrote:
> Hi, > > thanks for pointins this out. I do not remember having set this > manually on all hosts. It was set globally anyways so I removed these > entries from all clients. > > And I have only a username for this single host (as it is MacOS and > does not know "root" as the others do). > > Meanwhile I have removed the host an created it from scratch. Started > a backupc and now everything seems to work fine. I do not know how > this has happened. > > Thanks! > > /KNEBB > > > Am 24.11.23 um 17:05 schrieb jbk: >> On 11/14/23 14:09, Christian Völker wrote: >>> Hi, >>> >>> I have BackupPC 4.x running on a Debian system. Works like a >>> champ since years now. >>> >>> One of my clients is an Apple Mac with current up-to-date MacOS. >>> rsync is installed: >>> >>> username@macos Documents % rsync --version rsync version 2.6.9 >>> protocol version 29 Copyright (C) 1996-2006 by Andrew Tridgell, >>> Wayne Davison, and others. So far it works fine. It does the >>> backupsand all is good. I am backing up the Users-Folder as >>> "$RsyncShareName": "/Users/username" and excluded some unneeded >>> directories. >>> >>> See macos.pl: $Conf{BackupPCNightlyPeriod} = 1; >>> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [ '/Users/username' ]; >>> $Conf{RsyncSshArgs} = [ '-e', '$sshPath -l username' ]; >>> >> In reviewing again your settings I see that you have the nightly >> period configured as a per host value to do a full traverse as I >> do, but for my system this is configured on the server and not by >> client. I also see that your: '$sshPath -l username' lists >> username. For my setup that username is backuppc for all clients. >> Do you have different usernames configured for each client? >> >> One thing I've noticed in the nightly process is that even with the >> setting to traverse the whole pool in one night it seems that I'll >> get a big prune (4-5) G's late in the weekly cycle. >> >> -- Jim KR > The other thing that I noticed is that your rsync args is missing the option:

--protect-args

This may be important to BackupPC's operation. It is recommended that you not change the rsync arguments from their default in the supplied config.pl

I was guilty of modifying the defaults and it took me three months to clear the backups of deleted data across four backup disks.

--
Jim KR