Hi,

I have installed Bacula 1.36.2 on Debian Sarge dealing with an LTO2 drive.
I have 7 Jobs to run each night and I ant to change the tape after each
full backup that occurs each night.
I use this option in order to mark the tape as "Used" when the backup is
finished :

Maximum Volume Jobs = 7

But, when I insert a new tape, I have to mount the tape so that the next
backup can run.
Is it possible to have a fully automatic configuration in order to avoid
the need to explicitly mount the tape through bconsole ?

Extract from bacula-sd.conf :
**
Device {
Name = LTO2
Media Type = LTO2
Archive Device = /dev/nst0            AutomaticMount =
yes;                 AlwaysOpen = yes;
RemovableMedia = yes;
RandomAccess = no;
}
**

Thanks in advance,

Sébastien

hi

its easy.
make an admin job that runs first(priority).
in this admin job write this:
RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/before_backup"

in "/etc/bacula/before_backup"(make executable) write this:
#! /bin/sh

bconsole -c /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf <<END_OF_DATA
@output /dev/null
mount storage="LTO-G2"
quit
END_OF_DATA

exit 0
#EOF

or u can insert RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/before_backup" in you first
backup-job.

It works !
Thanks again,

Sébastien