On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 21:49 +0100, Martin Simmons wrote:
Oh, I thought the blockage and mount command is per storage device,
not per
tape.

It does block the storage device.  It prevents the storage device from
automounting the next usable tape.  I have automated marking the last
tape as 'Full', and I want to further automate unmounting it and
unloading it from the tape drive so that when I come in on Monday I can
just eject the magazine and remove the used tapes, shuffle in tapes,
reinsert the magazine and update slots.

Run update slots as an admin job. it will (currently) park the tapes.

As this is disruptive if there are jobs in progress, I believe that it won't park them in future versions.

As it stands, it looks like I can automate the umounting and unloading,
but I'll manually have to load a drive and mount it from bconsole to
clear the block flag.

No. Once the drive is cleared and the right tape is available, a mount command will cause Bacula to load the appropriate tapae from the magazine.

That's how I do this by hand at present.